Originally Posted Monday, January 24, 2005
La nuova edizione di Sahara Overland è disponibile dal Dicembre 2004.
670 pagine di informazioni indispensabili per viaggiare nel Sahara.
Tecnica, manuali, percorsi, punti GPS, costantemene aggiornati.
Laminated hardback cover and double-stitched ‘all-terrain’ binding
- Now 673 pages – 25% more material at no extra cost
- First edition cover price maintained
- Colour DPS Sahara map on endpapers, front and back
- Improved route and reference mapping
- New colour pictures throughout and 100s of new monos
- Updated advice on choosing organised tours, gained from personal experiences.
- Greatly expanded updated section on vehicle choice, including new section on 2WDs, plus all the best 4WDs and AWD trucks.
- An all new motorcycling section based on the Desert Riders Project which tested all sorts of gear, gadgets and systems in the Central Sahara
- All the latest equipment and accessories for vehicle preparation
- A new section on acquiring and interpreting satellite imagery
- New section on travel by camel from three diverse contributors
- Expanded sections commissioned from academic experts on Saharan climate, landforms and geology, and archaeology
- Several new boxed asides on interesting historic and little known aspects of the Sahara and notable but little recognised Saharans
- Thousands of kilometres of new routes in nine countries from the Atlantic Beach Piste to the Gilf Kebir
- To keep the book up to date, many sections of the new edition will feature their own corresponding updates page on this website