Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Posted by: Stefano Laberio

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 11/27/12 01:41 PM

''Nuovo'' relitto a Sud di Siwa

Posted by: Stefano Laberio

Re: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 11/27/12 11:18 PM

Ecco...

Hello Stefano,
I may further add that the story of this specific Caproni 310 Libbeccio is described (in french !!) in Yves's own site: Saharayro...it sound like a thriller...the main part of the body stands about 100 km southeast of Siwa not far from the Baharya-Siwa road, while the plane's nose lies south of Siwa near Russian spring in the great sea of sand...only because a Frenchman, named Fenouil, (who happens to be the organiser of the "rallye des Pharaons" car race) and, therefore, knows the area quite well, was alarmed by the quick disappearance of the Caproni Wreck...so one day, he decided to save a part of the plane (the nose) by ...transporting it on the back of his pick up to a (then) almost unknown place...namely Russian spring...I have visited this wreck, at least the main part lying east of Siwa some 10 years ago...I was told it was the wreck of a German Heinkel plane ....however, to me, there is no doubt ...it is either a Caproni 310 Libeccio ...or a Caproni 309 Ghibli which was more widely used in the WWII Libyan-Egyptian campaign than its successor the 310...the main difference between these two planes being a retractable landing gear.
Jean-Pierre
Posted by: furietto

Re: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 11/28/12 02:49 PM

ho aperto il 3d e mi e' apparsa la foto.

ho letto il resoconto di Jean Pierre.

lo sguardo e' tronato all'immagine del relitto metallico che improvvisamente mi ha ipnotizzato, come una potente metafora: quella del mare, antropologico, che restituisce un pezzo di umanita'.

E' come un elastico. Piu' andiamo in la', piu' veniamo risucchiati qui, l'Afrique

ciao
Furietto
Posted by: danielemoretto

Re: Antoine de Saint-Exupéry - 12/07/12 03:07 PM

non me ne intendo mo,lto, ma mi sembra che il telaio sia completamente diverso rispetto al muso che c'è a russian spring, in quei paraggi c'è anche una gondola motore sempre del 309.
chiedo aiuto
ciao a tutti