Salve a tutti, rientrati e....rimasti! Vi metto al corrente di quanto sta succedendo sul "fronte Ross". Questo è quanto mi ha scritto Geoffrey Kolbe. Non sono perfettamente convinta, ma mi sembra sia meglio che niente.
In risposta ho insistito perchè venga assegnato all'Italia, come giusto, il merito della scoperta. Aspetto nuove.... Intanto sono molto felice di avere l'indirizzo della sorella. Quanto prima, con un po' di tempo a disposizione, le scriverò. Avrete notizie.

Hello Sandra.
Yes, I have been in contact with Khaled and when I asked him to tell me in detail how the bag was found, he confirmed the main points of your story.
He confirms that you were the first people to actually see the bag, but he states that everybody helped in finding all the contents of the bag and stopping the papers blowing away in the wind.
He confirms that you all agreed that he should take charge of the contents of the bag, with a view to finding the owner of the bag, Alexander Ross,if he was still alive. If he was not still alive, his family should be located and the contents of the bag turned over to them. To this end, Khaled was to take the bag to the British Embassy. Khaled states that he did contact the Embassy, but he could not find anyone there to take an interest in the contents of the bag, or to find the family of Alexander Ross. (This I can believe!) Khaled made his own enquiries (probably helped by Andras Zboray) and found the link to the sister of Alexander Ross.
As I stated before, the complete story will be made known when the BBC come to view the actual objects and letters themselves. The BBC producer has been ill, so there has been some delay in this. I have contacted Irene Porter and asked if it is OK for you to have her email address. She has agreed.....