Un thrd di questa notte evidenzia ancora un'altra vittima del manicotto difettoso,un 78 del 2002 con 170K di contachilometri.
La Toyota sembra che sia in difficolta nel fornire il nuovo pezzo di ricambio tante sono le richieste... \:\(

--------------------------------------------
G'day All
First post in a while for me - moved to Sydney and the job change has kept me very busy!!!

As several before me have noted - my Troopy finally succumbed to the dreaded output shaft problem common to early 2000 models onwards. I noted a small "clunk" emerging at take-off - kind of like normal transmission take up - but more metallic and ominous sounding. My Troopy is a 2002 model camper with 170k on the clock. Given this age - it was highly likely it was fitted with the weak two piece output shaft (spline with a sleeve).

As time went by the clunk got worse, and started occurring in higher gears....

I was planning a weekend of serious off-roading (last weekend) - so took preemptive action and took it back to my mechanic friends. End result - new output shaft required. I have kept the old one - I can move the sleeve with my bare hands - and the teeth were reduced to razor edges - not long left... Unfortunately it got worse for me - I knew my clutch was on the way out but I thought I had a bit left.... Not so - the clutch needed doing also. I knew this as it was slipping a bit on really steep boat ramps with the boat on - but both jobs together.....

So - new output shaft, bearing kit as the bits of metal would have gone all through the transfer, new clutch - plus the service it was due for....

Gulp..... $2500! I know this is a good price given the work that was done, and the mechanics are mates so I know they did it right - but still - the credit card nearly blew up!

Apparently when they were ordering the shaft, they said the Toyota people were having trouble getting the shafts because there was such demand!

So - on this list - how many have experienced this problem? I know Steve S did a while back - anyone else?

Cheers
Dave
--------------------------------------------
Chissa' poi se Afrika ha sostituito il pezzo?

Saluti